Confidentiality of Medical Center Information
University of Florida College of Medicine-Jacksonville and UF Health Jacksonville have established policies concerning the confidentiality of patient and hospital information. All students rotating at the Jacksonville campus are required to become familiar with these policies by completing a HIPAA training program and signing a Patient Confidentiality Statement. This program will be included in annual student orientations for University of Florida students. Students from other institutions are required to complete an online HIPAA training program at the start of the rotation. This is coordinated through the individual departments, but may be completed online prior to arrival as follows:
To access the HIPAA on-line training - follow these instructions:
- Go to http://privacy.health.ufl.edu/
- Click on "Training" on the banner at the top.
- Click on "HIPAA 101A - Privacy and Security General Awareness Training”.
- At the bottom of that page, click on "Begin HIPAA 101 A."
- The slide presentation will begin – review each slide and enter answers where requested.
- At the final slide, click on "Register". You should be at the registration screen now and you should make sure that you enter your full name. Under UF-ID#, enter "0000-0000" (you will need to enter this number twice). Then, under primary role, choose student, and under college/institute, choose College of Medicine – Jacksonville.
After you complete the HIPAA Online Training, please print your certificate and give it to the student coordinator in the department where you are rotating.