Hospital Security - Ext. 4-4211
Police, Fire, Rescue - 9 + 911
Although we make every effort to ensure safety and security throughout our campus, certain common-sense measures should be kept in mind:
- Don't leave valuables such as your wallet, checkbook, jewelry, or keys in open view.
- Mark easily stolen items like portable TV's, radios, pocket organizers, and computers and keep a list of serial numbers, model numbers and descriptions.
- Lock doors and windows when going out, and never prop doors open when entering/exiting the dormitory building - it is too easy for someone paying attention to sneak in.
- Don't store large amounts of money or credit cards in your dormitory room.
- Take care of your keys; do not lend them to anyone.
- Use the "buddy system" - go out with a friend, especially if you're headed for a late night snack or study break.
- Walk purposefully. Look confident. Watch where you are going. Avoid shortcuts through isolated areas. Be alert to your surroundings. If you still have concerns while on campus, call Security at 4-4211 for an escort.
- If entrance/hallway lights are burned out after working hours, report them to engineering immediately at Ext. 4-2232.
- If you see unusual activity or someone loitering, call Security immediately at Ext. 4-4211.
- Lock all doors and close all windows when leaving your car.
- Park in well-lighted areas and try not to walk alone to/from parking areas at night.
- Have keys ready as you approach your car. Check car for intruders before entering and lock door immediately after getting into your car.
- If you must store valuables in your car, store them out of sight (preferably locked in trunk).