Welcome to our ACGME-accredited ophthalmology residency. Presently, our program is fully accredited through 2019. We match two residents each year for a three-year training program. Our program provides a robust learning environment that facilitates a good mix of patient care, education, and research.
Our mission is to provide the residents not only the best possible education in the science of ophthalmology, but to train excellent professionals with high ethical standards and values. The department is well-equipped with the most modern, state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic instrumentation to deliver quality care while training residents.
The outstanding features of our program are:
- High volume of patients and surgical experience
- Daily mandatory didactics for all residents with protected time
- Dedicated teaching faculty with a commitment to training residents
- Experience in research and practice management
- Experience in patient billing, coding, and clinic administration
- Pioneers in applications of ‘web education’
- "Residents as Educators" program
Ophthalmology residents are selected on the basis of medical school performance, USMLE scores, relevant research experience, letters of recommendation, and motivation to join the program. The deadline to apply is October 1st of each year.
In addition to the above professional opportunities, Jacksonville is an ideal place to live and work. It is home to abundant beaches, unlimited outdoor sports, and the National Football League's Jacksonville Jaguars.
We know this is one of the most important decisions of your professional career. We invite you to explore our site in its entirety. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need additional information.